Friday, October 2, 2009

It's October!!

Hey everyone!
Been awhile since I have blogged :) Let's see, what has been going on with me lately? Well, I have been working 2 jobs! My normal job making ethanol, and I got job taking photos for a local company for their website and some printed adverts! It is very exciting, and it's really nice to get a taste of the business side of things! More on that later on, when the job is done :)

I also was the photographer for my good friends Jess & Chester's wedding at the end of the September. It was a lot of fun! I was a little leery about it first, I am used to shooting nature and candid shots of my family and stuff, so this was definitely a new experience for me.

Luckily, they were on the same page as me when it came down to what style they wanted their wedding shot in. I am not one for too much posing and neither were they. They let me work in the background and pretended as if I wasn't there. They also want the majority of shots in black and white!! We all know how that made me feel :D :D :D!!

I ended up renting a lens for the wedding shoot, because the reception venue was pretty dark. I rented a Nikon 24-70 f2.8! It was amazing! Really heavy and built like a tank as well. The pictures it takes are spectacular, I would recommend this lens to anyone! It's a bit pricey though. I didn't think it was going to be wide enough on my cropped frame sensor, but it was perfect! I don't think it left my camera the whole day, asides from a few shots here and there! It was a little sad when I had to bring it back to the store the next day, that's for sure. Again, I am going to put up some shots from that lens soon as well, once I have processed the wedding album for the couple. I will also give a report on the flash brackets I used for the day and the excellent 'Demb Flash Diffuser Pro' that I bought and love!

hmmm, I knew I was missing something! My lovely wife bought me a christmas present! I ruined the surprise though :) The mailman delivered it, I happened to be home that day and answered the door. The package happened to be ripped right where the product name was on the box!! So I ruined christmas this year. She was a little upset to say the least. But, I am even more so the luckiest guy in the world! She had bought me a "Canon PixmaPro 9500" printer!! It is amazing!! It's not hooked up yet, it is huge and I need to clear out some room before I install it.

Well, that's all for now! I must go to bed because I have to work all weekend! But definitely stay tuned for some more updates and pictures, and some product write ups!!
Thanks for reading!

C

No comments: