Friday, August 1, 2008

been busy!

Hello everyone
I have been busy the past couple of weeks with work and the family. but we did get to go to Huntsville, Ontario to see my fiances aunt this past weekend! so we got to drive through Algonquin park which was very nice. of course i had my camera and got some really good shots. her aunt has an insane garden and i went a little nuts in there with the camera! but, came away with a ton of beautiful flower close ups!
i am going to link a couple here and you can check out the rest on my flickr page!



I tried to take some pictures of the stars while i was there, but it proved to be a little more difficult than i thought it would be! plus its hard to take a long exposure with no remote shutter release, so i will hold off on that for now!
Here is a neat little shot i did up of dayna and levi. i was going for a sort of 'Dave Hill' look, but i added a bit more softness to make it look a little more dreamy!



Awhile back, we had a family gathering at my folks place, and my grandfather was there. i had my camera around my neck the whole time and he got to calling me "Karsh", who was a famous canadian portrait photographer (more information) who photographed the famous winston churchill picture and many many others! all his work is very dark and moody black and white photos. while portraits arent really my thing, i really do like his work! so i thought i would create a karsh inspired photo of my grandfather! i think it turned out ok, it was color to begin with then i messed around with it in photoshop to alter the lighting and the color.



well, thats all thats new for us! next week there is a wushu demonstration in ottawa to commemorate the beginning of the olympic games in beijing! so my kung fu club is going to do a demonstration for the public and the politicians! i am hoping to get some photos of that which i will share with you all!

have a good weekend! i wont, i am working nights for the next 3 days, ugh :P

No comments: